Drinking water filters out toxins in your body, through the release of waste from sweat and urination. Water helps you think, because you brain is made up mainly of water. Water controls calories intake, which makes you feel fuller faster. Water is also said to hydrate your skin, bringing about a fresh and young look.
Depending on the size of the individual, the body is 55% to 78% water depending on body size. Organs and tissues (muscle, brain, bone and blood) are mainly water.
- Transports nutrients and oxygen into cells
- Moisturizes the air in lungs
- Helps with metabolism
- Protects our vital organ
- Helps our organs to absorb nutrients better
- Regulates body temperature
- Protects and moisturizes our joints
Lack of water cause dehydration. Tiredness, constipation, muscle cramps, kidney problems migraine and dry skin are just a few effects of dehydration.